Minor Obsession and Shameless Sales Pitch

American Spirit Detail 050818

In the past approximately seven years, I have collected images of 321 freighters, tankers, tugs, coast guard cutters and three cruise ships that go through my home town of Saint Clair, Michigan. This has become a minor obsession to collect every large ship I can when they go by.

Blacky 2 051520
There was a time four or five years ago when I could get up to nine new ships in a weekend. I do have a freighter tracker on my phone so I’m able to see what’s going through town at any given time. The new ships (new to me) have, of course, diminished in frequency because a lot of these freighters go through here on a regular basis.


 

 

 

It has become apparent that there is an interest in these massive vessels because I have sold more freighter images than any other category of image including architecture, nature, national parks images (which I love, but the image market is saturated with national park photos) and all but images specific to Michigan such as Mackinac Island or the Mackinac bridge.

Wilfred Sykes Closeup 2 112519

The problem with marketing niche-interest images is that it’s hard to figure out how to get your images seen by the right people. I’m not a pushy person. I dislike marketing because I don’t want to be like that annoying sales person who calls you in the middle of dinner or when you are just about ready to fall asleep. Fortunately we can block callers on our cell phones now, but they do seem to spawn new versions of themselves rapidly.

Paul R. Tregurtha Closeup 120720 
 



In any case, I’m hereby appealing to the ship person, the person who enjoys seeing these giants on their journey. When you have a few minutes, please check out my gallery below. I won’t even interrupt your dinner.

 

 

 

 


American Mariner 010418
 

Cuyahoga Detail 120217

Miena Desgagnes Panorama 061022

 

https://mary-bedy.pixels.com/collections/freighters+ships+and+boats

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am An Artist

ESCAPE

The Industrial Look