Digital Creations for Fun

Eye Exam Orange 072420

During this Covid lockdown, and due to the fact that it has been virtually impossible or at least ill-advised to travel very far, especially in groups of people, I have resorted to creating some digital designs for fun, art-related satisfaction, and maybe eventually some kind of profit, if someone decides they want to buy one of my designs for something fun to look at or to put it together as a puzzle.
Alternate View



I have noticed that when I create a digital abstract design (mostly because I don’t have a tablet pen yet, and it’s hard to draw anything realistic with your finger), they tend to come out looking a bit mid-century modern. I don’t know how modern I am, but I’m definitely mid-century.

I can see now how hard it is to give an abstract piece of art a name. I guess some artists resort to “Abstract Number 1” and a date. Or “Blue Abstract”. I, on the other hand, just look at the finished work and try to get a quick impression of what it reminds me of.


Changing Wind 3
“Eye Exam Orange 072420” kind of reminded me of what you see when the eye doctor is examining the back of your eye with his glaring light thing (that’s a technical term), but I suppose I could have called it “Round Orange Thing”, but that seems kind of the lazy way out.


 

 

 

 

 

Get to the Point 2 BW
The one I named “Mechanics” just reminds me of gears and pulleys, thus that title popped up immediately and finally “Amorphous Shapes” at the bottom (scroll down) is basically an ode to Joan Miro, whose playful abstract shapes give rise to images or all sorts of fantastic creatures.


In any case, it’s nice to step away from your principal means of expressing art to try something different. I find the digital abstract world to be a relaxing way to just shuffle over to the right side of my brain and stop worrying about the rest of the world for a minute.

Mechanics

Kitchen Spatter 2

Ghosts in the House 1

Amorphous Shapes

For more of my digital creations please visit my gallery here:

https://mary-bedy.pixels.com/collections/simply+decorative+digital

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am An Artist

ESCAPE

The Industrial Look